Interesting Things about Arizona
- Phoenix area residents enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine each year
- Phoenix is the 5th largest city in the United States only behind New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, & Houston
- Phoenix and the State of Arizona are the fasting growing city and state in the U.S.
- Arizona is the home of The Grand Canyon and Grand Canyon National Park
- Arizona leads the world in copper production
- Metro Phoenix has more college students than Washington DC and Seattle
- Arizona has 3,928 mountain peaks and summits—more mountains than any one of the other Mountain States (Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming)
- The original London Bridge was shipped stone-by-stone and reconstructed over the Colorado River in Lake Havasu City, Arizona.
- Arizona State University in Tempe is the largest public university in the U.S.
- Phoenix is home to 5 professional sports teams- Arizona Cardinals Football, Phoenix Suns Basketball, Arizona Coyotes Hockey Team, and Arizona Diamondbacks Baseball
- Phoenix is only a 5 hour drive to San Diego and Pacific Ocean and only a 4 hour drive to Las Vegas.
- The median age of Phoenix area residents is 34.7 years as compared to the national average of 37.2 years and Metropolitan Phoenix is one of the 6th youngest metropolitan regions in the U.S.
- Arizona is home to more than 40 national historic landmarks
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s studio, Taliesin West, was built in 1939 in Scottsdale
- Arizona has the largest contiguous stand of Ponderosa Pines in the world stretching from near Flagstaff along the Mogollon Rim to the White Mountains region
- Arizona has 26 peaks that are more than 10,000 feet in elevation
- There are more wilderness areas in Arizona than in the entire Midwest. Arizona alone has 90 wilderness areas, while the Midwest has 50
- Arizona became the 48th state and last of the contiguous states on February 14, 1912
**The information below is meant for entertainment only. This fun information was compiled from various sources.
Moving to Arizona, consider contacting Greene Insurance for your auto and home insurance. Call 480-657-2800 or complete our contact form.
We’d love the opportunity to earn your business. Thank you!