Arizona Car Insurance
Shopping for Arizona Car Insurance? Greene Insurance Group is your one stop for the best coverage and rates on Arizona Car Insurance.
As an Independent Insurance Agent, we compare insurance quotes from dozens of top-rated insurance companies to find the best coverage and prices on Arizona Car Insurance. Call 480-657-2800 for Arizona Car Insurance Quotes.
Arizona Car Insurance Requirements
To comply with Arizona Laws, you are required to maintain liability insurance and property damage.
Liability insurance helps cover your costs associated with injuries and property damage to others resulting from a car accident you cause.
The Arizona State Minimum Insurance Coverage Limits are:
- $15,000 for bodily injury per person
- $30,000 total for bodily injury per accident
- $10,000 for property damage
The State of Arizona monitors your car insurance status by checking vehicle identification numbers (VIN) to ensure each vehicle carries the Arizona Mandatory Car Insurance Limits. Don’t be caught off guard. The State of Arizona will suspend drivers licenses and vehicle registrations on those motorists without the State Minimum Limits.
Uninsured and Under-insured Motorist Insurance
We recommend Arizona drivers carry uninsured and under-insured motorists bodily injury coverage to help cover injuries to you and/or your passengers in a car accident with an uninsured driver (or a driver whose auto insurance limits are not adequate to cover your costs). Uninsured/underinsured motorist car insurance coverage will not cover property damage.
Optional Arizona Car Insurance coverage
When shopping for Arizona Car Insurance, consider optional coverage types for further protection. Most Arizona Car Insurance companies offer the following types of optional coverage:
- Collision – This will help cover damages to your car after a traffic accident.
- Comprehensive – Helps pay for repairs of non accident-related damages to your car such as fire, theft, vandalism, hail, glass, falling objects.
- Medical payments – This will help cover costs from accident-related injuries to yourself or passengers.
- Uninsured motorist property damage – This will cover damage to your car after an accident with an uninsured driver.
NOTE: While Arizona law does not require you to have collision and comprehensive coverages, however most lenders who finance a vehicle require their customers to purchase these coverages.
Insurance Violations and Penalties in Arizona
The State of Arizona monitors car insurance through:
- An insurance carrier database with insurance reporting via vin number.
- Verification of proof of insurance during traffic stops.
If you are found not to have car insurance, your license plates and drivers license will usually be suspended.
You are required to carry your insurance identification card in your vehicle at all times. If you are involved in an accident or stopped for a moving violation, you will be asked to provide the officer this card as proof of insurance. If you are unable to provide a police officer with proof of insurance, you will be considered an uninsured driver and may be issued a traffic citation. If you are convicted of driving without a valid insurance policy, you will face the following penalties:
- Suspension of your license plates.
Financial Responsibility Insurance (SR-22/SR22), helps monitor drivers with poor driving records by ensuring that they have car insurance. You may be required to purchase SR-22 insurance and file an SR-22 certificate if you:
- Have several traffic violations on your record.
- Have several insurance violations.
- Have had your driver’s license suspended or revoked.
Your car insurance company can file an SR-22 certificate with the State of Arizona on your behalf.
Determining Your AZ Car Insurance Premium
When shopping for insurance, remember that Arizona car insurance companies can use the following factors to determine your when shopping for car insurance quotes:
- Driving record
- Marital status
- Your car’s make and model
- Your average mileage
- Credit history
- The types of optional car insurance you purchase
- Your deductible (out-of-pocket expenses you must pay towards a claim)
- The higher your deductible, the lower your premium
Car Insurance Discounts in Arizona
One way to get affordable car insurance rates is to take advantage of any discounts for which you are eligible. When making car insurance comparisons, ask about the following standard discounts:
- Good driver discount.
- Good student discount.
- Multi-car discount.
- Homeowner’s discount.
- Defensive driver discount.
- This is usually afforded to seniors after taking a defensive driving course.
- Anti-theft device.
- Safety device.
While discounts are a great way to get low-cost car insurance, your best bet for affordable Arizona car insurance rates is to maintain a clean driving record. Obey traffic laws and drive safely to get the best possible rates.
Greene Insurance is proud to serve residents all over Arizona including in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Peoria, Glendale, Cave Creek, Carefree, Fountain Hills, Paradise Valley, Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, Apache Junction, Queen Creek, Gold Canyon, San Tan Valley, Maricopa, Casa Grande, Florence, Goodyear, Litchfield Park, Buckeye, Surprise, Prescott, Prescott Valley, Chino Valley, Flagstaff, Cottonwood, Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, Payson, Pinetop, Lakeside, Marana, Tucson, Oro Valley, and surrounding areas.
Greene Insurance is your locally owned Arizona Insurance Agent. Call 480-657-2800 for Arizona Car Insurance Quotes.